See Why Students Love UH at Sugar Land!!!
Following the vision of University of Houston President Renu Khator, the UH Technology Division at the Cullen College of Engineering is beginning its journey to Sugar Land. The University extended its reach into Fort Bend County to connect with regional industry and future Coogs. The Technology Division at the Cullen College of Engineering building opened at UH at Sugar Land in 2019, featuring state-of-the-art labs, classrooms, and meeting spaces.
While many of the College’s programs have called Sugar Land home for the past few years, others soon will be moving to Fort Bend County and will enjoy the benefits of new partnerships and opportunities. The recent legislative session approved funding for a second Technology Division at the Cullen College of Engineeringy building at UH at Sugar Land.
The move won’t be all at once. The expectation is that all programs and departments will be at UH at Sugar Land by 2025.
- Transition to Sugar Land Task Force is appointed by Provost Paula M. Short
- Town Hall Meetings at Main Campus offered to answer questions and convey information
- Resources created, updated to provide info and transparency
- Additional Town Hall Meetings offered for staff/faculty as well as all COT students
- Tours of building and the campus
- Discussion on lab moves for MET
- Space allocation for offices, labs
- CIS level 2000
- MECT 1330
- MECT 1364
- MECT 2354 (one section will be offered at main campus due to faculty constraints)
- MECT 3360
- COT Annex on Main Campus must be vacated
The following courses will be moved to UH Sugar land by Spring 2023
- CIS 3343, 3347, 3355, 3367, and 3368
- MECT 3318
- MECT 3331
- MECT 3355
- MECT 3367
The following courses will be moved to UH Sugar land by Fall 2023
- MECT 3342
- MECT 3358
- MECT 3365
- CIS 3365, 4338, 4339, and 4375
All MECT courses will be moved to UH Sugar land by Spring 2024