Online Petition Submission

There are three types of petition forms: The General Petition form (Undergraduate Only), Transfer Credit Petition eForm (Undergraduate Only), and the Graduate Petition form.

General Petition Form (Undergraduate only)

The general petition form is used for a variety of issues including but not limited to:

  • Changes to academic records
  • Course overload request
  • Course substitution (only involving UH classes)
  • Degree requirement exception
  • Discontinuing a major or minor

Starting in spring 2022, students will submit petition requests through an online app. For directions on how to use the app, read the General Petition App Guide for Students. To launch the app, go to

Transfer Credit Petition eForm

Some undergraduate credits (especially upper division and out-of-state credit) may be transferred as general elective credit or elective credit within a subject area. Students may choose to complete a Transfer Credit Petition eForm once they have reviewed their Transfer Credit Summary—both of which are available on their myUH account. Alternatively, students may choose to complete an Undergraduate Transfer Credit Petition instead of the Transfer Credit Petition eForm. Petitions will be reviewed by faculty to determine if the work and credit are of suitable content and rigor. This process takes place during the first enrolled term. The application of transfer credit toward a degree at the university cannot be determined until the transcripts have been evaluated and a degree plan is processed.

How to submit and view the Transfer Credit Petition eForm

Graduate Petition Form

For Graduate Students, please complete the Graduate and Professional Studies Petition form

Please consult with your Graduate advisor in regards to submitting a graduate petition. You can contact your grad advisor by emailing cotgrad [at], or by looking up your grad advisor here.

Additional Information

Technology Division Advising will send the petition to the appropriate department or college for evaluation. Undergraduate transfer petitions take approximately 4-6 weeks to review.

Please be clear and succinct in writing your petition request in the explanation section of the general petition. Some requests require documents to support your request. Technology Division Advising can assist you with submitting the petition.

An advisor's recommendation to submit a petition does not imply that the petition will be approved. The petition is not approved until the college dean's representative or, for some issues, the representative of the university provost office has approved the petition.