The degree plan for a Master of Science (MS) in Technology Project Management is designed specifically to prepare individuals with undergraduate degrees in a wide-range of disciplines for responsible leadership roles in technology-based and professional workplaces.
The courses provide in-depth preparation in project management skills. Being able to plan and manage projects of all kind is an increasingly important skill for those working in a variety of industries.
Often referred to as the jobs of the future, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) jobs are among some of the highest paying and in-demand jobs today. The MS in Technology Project Management program is STEM designated. While this not only recognizes the rigor of this program, it also provides an added benefit for international students through an OPT extension.
Technology Project Management Mission Statement
The mission of the Technology Project Management Master of Science degree program is to provide high-quality education and training in project management principles, practices, and methods that advance the professionalism of project management across many disciplines. Fulfilling that mission will provide research opportunities to further the body of knowledge in project management while supporting regional, national, and international business and governmental communities via field research projects conducted by graduate students under the direction of the faculty at the University of Houston.
We are delighted to share the news that we have been ranked #35 for the Best Affordable Project Management Degree by UniversityHQ!
We offer the following program options:
- Students residing in the USA:
- For U.S. citizens and permanent residents, we offer a truly self-paced online program and face-to-face during evening hours (Class Hours: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM).
- Students NOT residing in the USA:
- For students who do not reside in the U.S. or International students, we have a full face-to-face on-campus program. For students who will not reside in the U.S. during their course of study, we offer an overseas program which is a fully online program.
- Admissions Test - Duolingo and other English Proficiency test scores are now being accepted.
An undergraduate or graduate degree in a technology discipline from an accredited university or college is preferred for unconditional admission to the technology project management graduate program. The applicant's undergraduate education reflecting a firm foundation in a technology discipline is recommended. The equivalent of 24 hours within one technology major or 18 advanced hours within one technology minor serves as a foundation for success. Students who do not meet the necessary requirements may be requested to complete prerequisites before entering the program.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale) is required for unconditional admission.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can address the applicant's ability and potential for graduate education and a leadership position in a technological-intensive organization (i.e., former professors, employment supervisors, professional colleagues).
- A personal narrative statement reflecting the applicant's academic and employment histories and prior experience on technology projects, as well as interest in achieving a leadership position in an organization.
- A demonstrated understanding of statistics is required. Prospective students should have taken and passed a course in statistics (e.g., TMTH 3360) with a grade of C or higher.
Tuition and Fees
The following link provides comprehensive information regarding graduate tuition and fees for University of Houston programs: www.uh.edu/financial/graduate/tuition-fees
Request More Information
Learn more about our program by following us on LinkedIn!
The GAC Accredited Program seal is a mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.