UH CM ranked #3 in Texas | UH CM ranked 38th in the US
- Employment rate upon graduation: 90+%
- Average starting salary: $58,400
- Internships before graduation: 100%
- Graduates certified as Associate Constructor (AIC): 100%
- Program Accreditation: American Council for Construction Education (ACCE)
- STEM designated program
- Average Total Cost: ~$20,000 (in-state), ~$35,000 (out-of-state)
- Specialized course work in estimating, scheduling, contracting, project management, data analytics, BIM, AI, remote sensing, and VR/AR
- Offers in-person degree option
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area is the second-largest construction market in the United States
About the Program
UH Construction Management (CM) has proudly partnered with and served the construction industry since the 1950s, while growing into one of the largest construction education programs in the country with over 800 students. Students can choose to specialize in commercial construction or Process & Industrial Construction, the first of its kind in the nation. The curriculum provides the ultimate balance of construction, business, engineering, and digital technology courses.
The industry has offered our graduates rewarding careers such as project manager, construction manager, superintendent, field engineer, scheduler, estimator, and project controls specialist with major regional and national contractors, owners, and some of the fastest growing businesses in construction. Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metropolitan area is the second-largest construction market in the United States. Check out the latest Construction Manager salary rate and 10-year job outlooks here.