Bachelor of Science in Electrical Power Engineering Technology
Program Educational Objectives
- Pursue successful careers in electric power engineering technology and related fields.
- Pursue life-long learning and development opportunities like graduate degrees or professional studies to adapt to the evolving technological changes.
- Contribute to society in professional and leadership roles while adhering to the highest level of professional code of ethics.
Student Learning Outcomes
These are statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in their matriculation through the program.
By the time students graduate, they should:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.