Financial Information

Helpful Links

UH Office of Undergraduate Costs and Financial Aid:

This is UH’s primary site for information on a wide range of financial topics such as financial aid, university-wide scholarship, FAFASA/TAFSA, grants, work study, loans and financial literacy. 

Technology Division Scholarships:

This website lists the amounts, eligibility criteria, applications and the general information for more than 40 CoT scholarships available for CoT undergraduate and graduate.  There is also a link to other UH scholarships on the site.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

This site provides access to the FAFSA application and instructions for completing the form. The site also contains general information about managing and repaying federal loans.

Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA):

Students who are Texas residents should visit the College for All Texans website to determine their eligibility for financial assistance at Texas institutions.  The site provides instructions for how to apply in both English and Spanish.

Subsidized versus Unsubsidized Loans:

This site features an extensive fact sheet comparing and contrasting two types of low-interest federal loans.

Residency Requirements:

The cost of education is significantly impacted by a student’s residency status.  This site helps students to determine their residency status. Links to the Residency Affidavit and the Residency Questionnaire are available on the site.

Fixed Rate Tuition Plan:

UH offers a program that allows participants to maintain a constant tuition rate throughout their degree program.  This site describes eligibility requirements and program terms.

Tuition Rebate:

Qualifying undergraduate students may receive a $1000 tuition rebate.  This site describes the eligibility criteria and lists a set of self-verifying questions. Students may also access the application from this site.

Veterans Education Benefits:

Veterans are eligible to receive state and federal education support. Students may review information on the Hazelwood Act, GI Bill, Department of Defense Tuition Assistance and other programs.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP):

The Department of Education requires that institutions grant ongoing financial assistance to students based on guidelines for measureable progress in their degree programs.  This site describes the university’s policy for making this determination.

Enrollment Cap:

Depending on the year of enrollment, undergraduate students who have exceeded a certain number of credit hours may be required by Texas law to pay higher tuition rates.  This site will help users to determine if they are impacted by this law and the effect on their financial status.