Requirements and Application Instructions
The Technology Division Student Ambassadors is a group of student leaders who represent the Division and assist the Division with recruitment and retention of a diversified population of high ability students. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the Technology Division.
- Available to commit to volunteering 15 hours of service for two semesters (30 hours over two semesters)
- Minimum of two semesters as a University of Houston student
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student in a Technology Division degree major
- Enrolled in 9 credit hours or more for both the fall and spring semesters.
- Cumulative UH GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Access to Zoom and Teams with camera
Requirements of an Ambassador
- Attend a one-hour mandatory orientation.
- Attend one one-hour development seminar per semester
- Complete Child Protection Training (one hour)
- Participate in scheduled recruitment events. Activities will be in-person and virtual.
- Abide by all ambassador guidelines for engaging with prospective students and Technology Division stakeholders.
For questions about the Student Ambassadors, please contact Andres Acosta at 713-743-1537 or amacosta4 [at] uh.edu.